Capital BlueCross and WellSpan Health plan to enhance their partnership, which the organizations say will focus on improving health care and lowering costs for employers and consumers.
The two organizations have agreed to enter into a long-term arrangement that would be finalized in the coming months. The partnership would coordinate the financing and delivery of health care “to improve the quality, efficiency and overall experience for WellSpan Health patients who are Capital BlueCross members,” the organizations said in a news release.
The organizations referred to the arrangement as a “strategic partnership” that will leverage WellSpan’s electronic health records and Capital BlueCross’ data systems to explore:
• New product offerings and care coordination programs for employers.
• Expanded Medicare offerings in Adams, Franklin, northern Lancaster, Lebanon and York counties.
• Innovative digital health strategies
• Tools to help consumers find the most appropriate medical care or pharmacy services.
• Payment arrangements that are focused on improved quality and outcomes
• Ways to better use data and analytics to improve patient experience