Here are our bottom-line views on a few items of note in the Crossroads Business Journal region:
• A hopeful thumbs-up to economist Anirban Basu of the Sage Policy Group, who shared his 2019 forecast with the Crossroads Business Journal. Basu said President Donald Trump and the new Democrat-controlled House of Representatives aren’t likely to agree on much, but they might be able to strike a deal on a federal infrastructure package, and that would be good news for this region.
• Kudos to Hospice of Washington County (Md.), which recently announced that its Doey’s House had earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Home Care Accreditation.
• Congrats to Frostburg (Md.) State University’s online MBA program, which has been ranked as one of the best in the nation by OnlineMasters.com.
• A tip of the cap to WVU Medicine Berkeley Medical Center and WVU Medicine Jefferson Medical Center, which were recognized by the West Virginia Hospital Association for outstanding work in the Commitment to Excellence Honors Program.
• Thanks to economic development officials in the city of Hagerstown and Washington County, Md., for holding an informational session recently on the new federal Opportunity Zone program. Several local developers and investors attended the session on the new incentives, which are designed to help economically distressed communities.