FREDERICK, Md. — Ten companies were honored at the recent Best Places to Work program in Frederick, Md.
More than 100 nominations were submitted, according to a news release.
Five companies received awards in the primary award categories:
• Small Employer (1-10 employees): ECI, Expert Consultants Inc.
• Small to Medium Employer (11-30 employees): Immersion Active
• Medium to Large Medium Employer (31-50 employees): A2LA
• Large Employer (51-200 employees): FoodPRO
• Major Employer (201-plus employees): Legal & General America
Scoring categories included work-life balance, median salary, turnover rate, benefits, diversity and professional growth.
In addition to major category award winners, five additional companies were highlighted for showing that “Family Matters” and providing ways to allow employees an optimal work-life balance. They include Blue Pillar, BMC (Business Management Company), Grifols Biomat USA’s Frederick location, Linganore Wine Cellars and Orases.
The Best Places to Work campaign is a county-wide program intended to foster efforts to increase quality of life opportunities for Frederick County employees. The 2018 awards program was a partnership among Frederick County Workforce Services, The City of Frederick Department of Economic Development, Frederick County Office of Economic Development and the Frederick County Chamber of Commerce.
For more information, visit www.frederickbestplaces