BALTIMORE — The Maryland Department of Commerce recently awarded ExportMD grants to 26 small and mid-sized Maryland companies to help promote their products and services in the global marketplace.
The ExportMD grant program helps businesses finance the costs of marketing internationally, including trade show fees, brochures and travel expenses. Applications are accepted on a monthly basis. Eligibility requirements can be found on the Commerce website.
“The ExportMD program has been one of Maryland’s most successful business assistance initiatives, helping hundreds of companies connect with new global customers and attend international trade shows where they can promote their goods and services,” Gov. Larry Hogan said in a news release. “From providing financial assistance to helping companies navigate doing business in foreign countries, the ExportMD program helps small and mid-sized Maryland companies explore new international markets.”
“When we consider that more than 90 percent of the world’s customers are outside the U.S., it is critical that businesses of all sizes consider expanding to global markets to increase their competitive edge,” said Maryland Commerce Secretary Mike Gill. “The ExportMD program is a great starting point for companies looking to expand their customer base.”
The January-March 2018 ExportMD grant recipients include:
• Anne Arundel County: FDAImports.com LLC and Millman Systems
• Baltimore City: Adashi Systems LLC, ICmed LLC, Moss Marine USA Inc., Tenax Corp. and Terbium Labs Inc.
• Baltimore County: Chesapeake Specialty Products Inc., InstantLabs Medical Device Corp., IP Subsea, Maryland Solar Solutions Inc. and Murray Corp.
• Carroll County: APS Firehouse Alerting
• Frederick County: Quiacle Technology and Consulting Inc., and WGS Systems LLC
• Harford County: Beacon Environmental Services Inc. and Thymly Products Inc.
• Kent County: BAON Enterprises LLC
• Montgomery County: A1Logic, Acquired Data Solutions Inc., CryptoniteNXT, RBtec Inc. and Optimoz Inc.
• Prince George’s County: Foodservice Contracting LLC
• Talbot County: Green Eyes LLC
• Washington County: Antraquip Corp.