FREDERICK, Md. — Cochran & Mann, a commercial painting and wallcovering subcontractor based in Frederick, Md., has been voted the Painting & Wallcoverings Subcontractor of the Year by its peers.
Cochran & Mann was recognized for this accomplishment at the Metro Washington and Virginia chapters Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Excellence in Construction Awards ceremony, which took place at The Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner.
Each year, ABC contractors are asked to cast a vote for the subcontractor they find most outstanding and deserving of recognition. Cochran & Mann was honored this year, along with other ABC Contractors across 14 other categories.
The winners from each category were presented with their award at a ceremony that included an elegant dinner, open bar, and great networking with more than 600 individuals within the industry in attendance.
The construction projects over the past year that Cochran & Mann participated in and were recognized by the Excellence in Construction Awards include:
• Residential Multi — Mid-Rise Construction (five stories or below): Signet, McLean, Va.
• Interiors (more than 100 square feet): Nestle USA headquarters, Arlington, VA
• Institutional (more than $30 million): International Spy Museum, Washington, D.C.
• Medical (more than $20 million): Inova Schar Cancer Institute, Fairfax, Va.
• Mega Project: 655 New York Avenue, Washington, D.C.
• Education: Lewinsville Intergenerational Center, McLean, Va.
• Retail/Interiors only: Punch Bowl Social, Arlington, Va.
• Interiors (more than 100 square feet): Akin, Gump, Strauss, and Feld, Washington, D.C.
• Interiors (more than 100 square feet): Hogan Lovells, Washington, D.C.
Interiors (more than 100 square feet): Bell Helicopter Advanced Vertical Lift Center, Arlington, Va.
Restaurant Interior Build-Out: Punch Bowl Social, Arlington, Va.