Our bottom-line views on recent news in the Crossroads Business Journal region:
• Hats off to BCT-Bank of Charles Town, which has been named one of the Best Banks to Work For in 2019.
• Best wishes to Western Maryland Health System of Cumberland, Md., which recently broke ground on the Center for Hope and Healing. The 24-hour residential treatment facility will house patients with substance abuse and behavioral health issues.
• Congrats to the nine area companies that were named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list.
• Kudos to Alice Mbuyi, the owner of Passion Events Design in Frederick, Md., who was honored by the Maryland and Frederick County departments of social services for her business achievements.
• Congratulations to Menno Haven of Chambersburg, Pa., on the completion of the new Menno Haven Memory Homes, which are designed for people with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
• Thumbs up to ACDi of Frederick, Md., for broadening its manufacturing capabilities by investing in new equipment. ACDi is a leading electronics manufacturing and printed-circuit-board design company.
• Thanks to all those who attended a rural broadband roundtable in Hagerstown, Md., recently. Among those in attendance were Maryland’s two U.S. senators, Ben Cardin and Chris Van Hollen; Congressman David Trone; FCC Commissioner Geoffrey Starks; and Kenrick Gordon, director of the Maryland Governor’s Office of Rural Broadband.