Here are our bottom-line opinions about a few items of note in the Crossroads Business Journal region:
• Congratulations to all of the companies and organizations that were honored by Healthiest Maryland Businesses for programs and policies designed to promote workplace health and wellness.
• Godspeed to Allegiant Air, which has added flights from Hagerstown Regional Airport to Myrtle Beach (S.C.) International Airport to its list of services.
• While we’re talking on the subject of airlines, we’ll give a thumbs-up to Southern Airways Corp., the parent company of Southern Airways Express and Mokulele Airlines, which recently announced industry-leading April performance results. Southern also flies out of Hagerstown Regional Airport.
• Kudos to the area wineries that received honors in the 2019 Maryland Comptroller’s Cup competition. A special toast to Catoctin Breeze Vineyard of Thurmont, which won the top honor, the 2019 Comptroller’s Cup, with its 2017 Estate Cabernet Franc.
• Congrats to the Baxter Group Inc. of Chambersburg, Pa., which was named the Eastern Pennsylvania Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Jocelyne Melton is the firm’s president and CEO.