HAGERSTOWN, Md. — First United Bank & Trust has opened a new community office at 19405 Emerald Square, Suite 1000, just outside Hagerstown, Md.
First United Bank & Trust has been a member of the Washington County community for more than 20 years with offices on Edgewood Drive and Wesel Boulevard, as well as in Smithsburg. According to a news release from the company, “the dynamic growth and development in the Hagerstown area” led to opening the new office in the recently completed commercial building at the Emerald Pointe development.
The office includes a focus on the local community and efficient, faster transactions to serve both consumer and business customers.
The new technology available to customers includes two ATMs with envelope-free deposit capabilities, video conferencing capabilities to allow for meetings with remote financial specialists and a “Discovery Center” featuring online options for customers. The Discovery Center includes multiple touchscreen displays that provide an interactive experience for customers and allows bankers to showcase and demonstrate the latest apps and provide customers with financial education tools.
Digital screens incorporated throughout the branch are also used to highlight local activities and events, as well as spotlight local nonprofits and businesses throughout the day. Associates in the office are also involved in various organizations in the local community and will host future meetings and events in the branch’s community room. The community room also is available to nonprofit organizations that may need space at times.
Among the Emerald Pointe staff:
• Kendra Peacher, community relationship manager, is a Hagerstown native who recently managed the First United Baughmans Lane office in Frederick. She brings more than 17 years of banking and mortgage lending experience to Hagerstown.
• Melissa Weaver, senior relationship adviser, recently worked with customers at the First United community office on Edgewood Drive.
• Alyssa Stevens, relationship adviser, recently worked at the First United community office on Wesel Boulevard.
• Sabrina Brian-Kidd, relationship adviser, joined First United in 2017 and most recently worked with customers at the community office in Falling Waters, W.Va.
• Raquel Anguiano-Burrell, relationship adviser, recently worked at the community office on Baughmans Lane in Frederick.
First United Corp. operates one full-service commercial bank, First United Bank & Trust. The bank has a network of community offices in Garrett, Allegany, Washington and Frederick counties in Maryland, as well as Mineral, Berkeley, Harrison and Monongalia counties in West Virginia.
As of Sept. 30, the corporation posted assets of $1.3 billion.
Founded in 1900, First United Bank & Trust is headquartered in Oakland, Md.