Here are our bottom-line views on a few items of note in the Crossroads Business Journal area:
• Welcome to Rockwool (North America), which officially broke ground recently on its second stone wool insulation manufacturing facility in the United States. The new $150 million plant is being built in Ranson, W.Va.
• Also welcome to Ring Container Technologies, which recently held a grand opening ceremony for its new facility near Hagers-
town, Md. The company makes plastic containers.
• Good luck to WVU Medicine Berkeley Medical Center in Martinsburg, W.Va., which has closed two deals to buy about 75 acres off Tavern Road with an eye to future growth.
• Best wishes to the city of Frederick, Md., as it implements its new enterprise zone along the U.S. 40 corridor known as the “Golden Mile.” Businesses in an enterprise zone may be eligible for a tax credit towards state income tax filings based upon the number of new jobs created, and a tax credit on property taxes based upon their overall capital investment into a property.
• Congrats to officials of Summit Health and WellSpan Health in Pennsylvania, who recently signed off on an affiliation agreement. The deal now goes to state and regulatory agencies for review, which will take a few months.
• Kudos to the Meritus Medical Center cardiac catheterization lab near Hagerstown, Md., which earned its third award since 2015 from the American Heart Association for consistent, high-quality care.
Write us: Letters to the Editor, Crossroads Business Journal,
100 Summit Ave., Hagerstown, MD 21740;
Letters should include your name, hometown and daytime phone
number. Letters should be limited to no more than 300 words
and should pertain to a business topic. Crossroads Business Journal reserves the right to edit all Letters to the Editor.