Here are our bottom-line views on a few items of note in the Crossroads Business Journal area:
• A vote of support for the Maryland State Department of Education and the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, which are implementing Apprenticeship Maryland Program statewide. The program, piloted in Frederick and Washington counties, provides high school students with paid work-based learning opportunities, related classroom instruction and one-on-one mentoring from industry professionals.
• Congratulations and thanks to all of the Healthiest Maryland Businesses Wellness at Work awardees for recognizing the importance of their employees’ health.
• Kudos to area wineries for their award-winning efforts in the latest Maryland Comptroller’s Cup Competition. Catoctin Breeze Vineyard of Frederick County took best in show for its Cabernet Franc 2016. Knob Hall Winery of Washington County earned best in class for its Vidal Blanc 2016. And another Washington County winery, Cool Ridge Vineyard received a best in class for its Cool White 2017.
• Hats off to 3 Roads Communications, which received five Telly Awards for television programming and videos produced during 2017-2018.
• A pat on the back for Levi Schindel, whose pitch for cross-platform social media connections won the the inaugural Palmieri Center for Entrepreneurship Idea Pitch Invitational at Mount St. Mary’s University.