Here are our bottom-line views on a few items of note in the Crossroads Business Journal area:
• Congratulations to the four area Maryland members of the Best in State Wealth Advisors list, compiled by Forbes. The list includes: No. 14, Larry Boggs of Wells Fargo Advisors, Cumberland; No. 22, Betsy Pakenas of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, Frederick; No. 29, Jim Holzapfel of Wells Fargo Advisors, Hagerstown; and No.. 55, Nate Harris of Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, Frederick.
• Kudos to d’Vinci Interactive of Hagerstown, which has partnered with Reading is Fundamental to create a portal of online resources to foster a love of reading and literacy. The flagship product, Literacy Central, won the 2018 Parents’ Choice Silver Award.
• Good luck to Shepherd University as it launches a risk management and insurance concentration at the suggestion of, and with the support, from Farmers and Mechanics Insurance Companies, which is headquartered in Martinsburg. W.Va.
• Hats off to Oshkosh Corp., parent company of JLG Industries Inc., which was recently honored by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies. This is the third straight year Oshkosh has been listed.
• Congratulations to the 10 members of the Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce recently honored for outstanding achievements in 2017. The awards were presented during a breakfast early last month attended by 200 people.
• Good luck to Frostburg State University, which is embarking on building its first new dormitory on campus in more than 40 years. The school in Allegany County, Md., aims to have the new residence hall opened by 2020 to accommodate plans requiring most first- and second-year students to live on campus.