Here are our bottom-line thoughts on some items of note in the Crossroads Business Journal area.
In the spirit of the season, we’ll hand out:
• Our best wishes to those in the retail industry this holiday season. May your cash registers jingle and your bar-code scanners work properly.
• Huzzah to BWise Manufacturing in Chambersburg, Pa., for its recent purchase of the building in part of which it has operated for years on Wayne Avenue. The $9.5 million move not only gives the company room and flexibility, it keeps 95 employees in the county seat.
• Congrats to Rocky Gap Casino Resort, which has brought home a bevy of awards recently. Rocky Gap, in Allegany County, Md., was named Business Partner of the Year by the Friends Aware organization, which helps provide work opportunities for people with developmental disabilities. The casino also received 19 awards, including five first-place honors, in Strictly Slots Magazine’s “Best of Slots” balloting.
• Kudos to the Washington County Chamber of Commerce, which has completed the move to its new headquarters in the Professional Arts Building in downtown Hagerstown, Md.
• A pat on the back to Hub Labels, a custom manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels in Hagerstown, for earning three awards at the annual Tag and Label Manufacturers Institute Inc. competition in Scottsdale, Ariz. Hub received the 2017 Environmental Leadership Award and two digital print awards.
• A salute to Ramar Transportation & Logistics Group Inc. of Frederick, Md., which recently earned honors from the Mayflower van line and United Van Lines.