HAGERSTOWN, Md. — Some of the top work in the Crossroads region was recognized recently through the annual Excellence in Construction awards.
The awards are sponsored by the Associated Builders and Contractors Inc. Cumberland Valley chapter. The ceremony was at Fountain Head Country Club in Hagerstown, Md.
In addition to the awards presentation, the chapter also presented national safety award certificates to 11 area companies.
The chapter’s first- and second-place winners will advance to the 2017 ABC National Excellence in Construction competition, held at Long Beach, Calif., in March.
First-place awards were presented to:
• Morgan-Keller Specialty Contracts of Frederick, Md., for the Sandy Spring Bank project in Olney, Md., for commercial projects of less than $5 million.
• Morgan-Keller Speciality Contracts for the Mercersburg (Pa.) Academy alumni welcome center for institutional projects of less than $5 million.
• Morgan-Keller Construction (a partner company of Morgan-Keller Specialty Contracts) for the Innovative Inc. building in Hagerstown for renovations of less than $4 million (nonhistorical building).
• Heidler Roofing Services Inc. of Hagerstown for the Penguin Random House project in Westminster, Md., in the exteriors category.
• Waynesboro Construction Co. Inc. of Frederick for the Carroll Creek linear park and shared use path in Frederick, in the heavy infrastructure category.
• Waynesboro Construction Co. Inc. for the Brewer’s Alley Brewpub and Restaurant project in Frederick for historical restoration/renovation of less than $25 million.
A second-place award went to Rockwell Construction Co. Inc. of Mercersburg for the Charles Washington Hall project in Charles Town, W.Va., for historical restoration/renovation of less than $25 million.
And Callas Contractors Inc. of Hagerstown took a second-place award for the NY, NY Salon and Spa in Frederick for renovation less than $4 million (nonhistorical building).
In addition, the chapter presented national Safety Training and Evaluation Process awards to recognize the efforts of ABC members that strive to achieve effective safety practices at their firms.
Certificates were presented to:
• Waynesboro Construction Co. Inc
• Brechbill & Helman Construction Co., Inc.
• GRC General Contractors
• Baxter Group
• Callas Contractors Inc.
• Morgan-Keller Construction
• Stouffer Mechanical Contractor, LLC
• Tradesman International
• Ellsworth Electric Inc.
• R.W. Warner Inc.
• MS Johnston Co. Inc.