Nearly 20 organizations are scheduled to participate in a small-business resource day and veterans’ information session in Hagerstown this month.
The session is set for 9:30 a.m. to noon May 24 in the BüroBox at 60 W. Washington St.
The event is free, and advance registration can be made at https://tinyurl.com/mv65mst or under the trainings tab at www.marylandsbdc.org.
“That will be a collection of federal state and local agencies, all in one place, all designed to help local entrepreneurs, startups and businesses with information that they may need,” said Robert Bower of the Washington County Small Business Development Center.
“There’ll be funders there of various types, whether it be high-tech or agricultural businesses, and just generally advice and support for local business, startups and owners. And we think that this will provide a very efficient way for those folks to get the information they need,” he said.
The session is being organized through the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Baltimore office to showcase programs and services that can help small businesses. Information also will be available about resources that are available to veterans.
The open house will have time for networking, brief presentations by agency representatives and one-on-one meetings to help current and prospective business owners.
“They can sit down with a representative of each of those agencies, ask them all the questions they need, get all the information that they need to move forward with their business goals,” Bower said.
Amanda Whitmore, Hagerstown’s downtown coordinator, said participants also will get a chance to check out the BüroBox, a co-working space and resource center for people seeking to start or grow businesses. Information about the space is available at www.theburobox.com.
Participating organizations include:
• The Governor’s Office of Minority Affairs
• Maryland Agricultural and Resource-Based Industry Development Corp.
• Maryland Department of Commerce
• Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
• Maryland Procurement Technical Assistance Program
• Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
• Maryland Department of Transportation
• Hagerstown Community College Technical Innovation Center
• Hagerstown Department Community and Economic Development
• Technology Development Corp.
• Tri-County Council
• U.S. Department of Agriculture
• U.S. Small Business Administration
• U.S. Internal Revenue Service
• Victory Garden Ranch
• Washington County Department of Business Development
• Washington County Small Business Development Center