Finalists have been announced for the 18th annual Washington County business awards, which will be presented during a formal banquet and ceremony hosted by the Hagerstown-Washington County Chamber of Commerce.
The Feb. 22 event will start with a reception at 5 p.m. at Hager Hall Conference & Event Center in Hagerstown. The banquet will begin at 6:15 p.m. Pieter Bickford will be the master of ceremonies.
"These awards support the chamber’s mission of fostering a thriving business climate in which businesses and our community can grow and prosper," Paul Frey, chamber president and chief executive officer, wrote in an email. "The businesses, nonprofits and individuals selected as finalists are all highly deserving of this annual recognition bestowed upon the best of the best in Washington County."
Frey said the previous year’s winners judge "the many nominations received" to select the finalists.
On Friday the chamber announced the three finalists in each category. The list includes:
• At Your Service Award: BJ’s Custom Creations Embroidery Services Inc., Community Rescue Service Inc. and SpringHill Suites by Marriott.
• Leading Edge Award: Antietam Cable Television, Hub Labels Inc. and Truck Enterprises Hagerstown.
• Nonprofit of the year: Children in Need Inc., Children’s Village of Washington County Inc. and The W House of Hagerstown Foundation Inc.
• Large Business of the Year: First Data, Rust-Oleum and Smith Elliott Kearns and Co.
• Small Business of the Year: Bushey Feight Morin Architects Inc., Innovative Incorporated and Sterling Financial Management Inc.
• Business Person of the Year: John A. Latimer IV, Alfred E. Martin and Robin E. Roberson.
Tables and tickets for the event are available at www.hagerstown.org.